|Feb. 18, 2019 -- Nigerian police confirmed 11 people including three suspected suicide bombers were killed in an attack in the country's northern state of Borno on Saturday.
Fifteen others were wounded in the attack suspected to have been carried out by terror group Boko Haram, Borno police chief, Damian Chukwu told Xinhua.
Chukwu said, an on-the-spot assessment by the police found the attackers infiltrated on early Saturday to the Polo general area of Maiduguri, the state capital.
The suspected Boko Haram militants shot sporadically at the locals before detonating improvised explosive devices strapped to their bodies, he said.
The police chief said the wounded persons have been taken to a hospital in Maiduguri, adding there was an ongoing clearance operations by security teams in the attacked area.
Boko Haram, which has more than two factions in Nigeria, is yet to claim responsibility for the attack.
Attacks by the terror group, which aims to establish an Islamic state in northeastern Nigeria since 2009, have been a source of concern in the most populous African country.
Boko Haram has been blamed for the death of more than 20,000 people and displacement of 2.3 million others in Nigeria so far.